Head of People
- LOCATION: Bradley Stoke
- SALARY: £70,000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Everyone’s job in Coffee#1 is ultimately the same…to make simple memories that are unique and shared together.
Are you looking to join a unique company and become a part of our growing team?
Coffee#1 is a fast-growing brand of 101 coffee houses around Wales, the South West, the South Coast and the West Midlands with a team of over 900 employees. Acquired by Caffe Nero in 2019, the business is well established and occupies a unique space in the UK coffee shop market.
Overview of the role
The Head of People will partner with our Managing Director and Coffee#1 leadership team in designing and executing the People strategy for the brand whilst also enjoying the support of the Caffe Nero people team.
The main focus of the role is to lead the delivery of a Recruitment, Retention, Learning and Development and reward plan that is unique to Coffee#1 and aligns to the existing culture of the employee brand. This role is based in our new Bristol offices, reports to the Managing Director and line manages a team of 3 direct reports and 5 People Trainers.
Our Head of People will be a cultural champion for the business who role models the companies behaviours and afford their team the inspiring leadership that prompts professional engagement and results in strong employee retention.
- Lead and inspire the team in being truly exceptional in the delivery of their respective agendas (L&D, Recruitment, Training)
- Partner with the Coffee#1 Leadership Team in determining organisational design that efficiently supports the businesses growth ambitions
- Partner with the Managing Director and Operations Director to design the recruitment and retention strategy that prompts improvements to LTO (and other key metrics)
- Develop and implement plans to aid the recruitment of a high-performing and culturally aligned HO Store Management team.
- Design a unique program of reward in which collective and individual achievement is incentivised
- Evolve Coffee#1 compensation and benefit packages to clearly incentivise strong commercial performance
We are not looking for average, uninspiring people to join us, we want exciting, ambitious and passionate people. We’re not your average coffee brand, we do things differently and that is how we like it.
As well as experience as a People / HR Professional we are looking for;
- Extensive line management experience, ideally from either hospitality or retail
- Multisite experience preferable
- Exceptional communicator
- Ability to influence at board level, at our Head Office, within Caffe Nero Head Office and at store level
- Strong leadership skills, a proven leader who can engage and inspire teams to work to achieve shared goals
- An exceptional eye for detail and someone who is fanatical about high standards
What we offer
As well as working in a fantastic, passionate and devoted team for a growing brand you will enjoy the following benefits
- 25days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Performance related annual bonus
- Company car or allowance
- Heavily discounted delicious stuff sold in our 101 coffee shops