theHRDIRECTOR Websites and App Terms and Conditions
By accessing and using theHRDIRECTOR websites which include the following URLs: www.thehrdirector.com, www.thehrdirector.co.uk, www.seniorhrjobs.com and theHRDIRECTOR App, you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
In these terms and conditions, ‘we’ and “us” mean theHRDIRECTOR which is published by Pure Strategic Media Ltd.
- Access to the Websites, App and Content
- The Websites and App are split into two sections. Areas that are: (1) accessible to all; and (2) accessible to paying subscribers.
- The information provided by us on the Websites and App is not in any way an invitation or recommendation to buy any products or services featured and you should seek appropriate independent advice.
- We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Websites and App, but access to the Websites and App may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on the Websites or App.
- We may suspend and/or terminate (either in whole or in part) your use of any user name, password or this Websites or App immediately for any reason.
- Intellectual Property
- All intellectual property rights in the design and layout of the Websites and App and the material and information published on the pages of the Websites and App, including, but not limited to, copyright and rights in registered and unregistered trade marks, are owned by or licensed to theHRDIRECTOR.
- You must not reproduce, download, transmit or retransmit, manipulate or store on paper, digital, electronic (including, but not limited to any database or any part of the Internet), CD Rom or other offline product on any other format in whole or in part the design and layout of the Websites and App or the information or material published on the pages of it, nor hypertext or otherwise link to it, without the prior written consent of theHRDIRECTOR, such permission to be given or withheld at theHRDIRECTOR’s absolute discretion. You may, however, download a trial issue when made available, or print a single copy for your own non-commercial off-line viewing.
- You will retain ownership of all copyright in data you submit to the Websites and App. You grant us a world-wide exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence to use, copy, distribute, publish and transmit such data in any manner.
- Discussion Forums and Blog
- The Website include discussion forums and a Blog. While theHRDIRECTOR does not control the information/materials posted to Forums and Blogs by users (the “Messages”), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit the Messages or Questions and to terminate your access to and use of the Forums and Blog and you waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the Messages and Questions.
- You must comply with any rules posted by theHRDIRECTOR on a Forum or Blog. You may not: … post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages or Questions containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any chain Messages or “spam”;
• post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages or Questions that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content;
• disguise the origin of any Messages or Questions;
• impersonate any person or entity (including theHRDIRECTOR employees, Editorial Panellists, Forum guests, Bloggers or hosts) or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity;
• post or otherwise publish any Messages or Questions unrelated to HR, the Forum, Blog or the Forum’s/Blog’s topic;
• post or transmit any Messages or Questions that contain software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of Websites and App or any computer software or equipment; … collect or store other users’ personal data;
• restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forum or Blog.
- The Forum and Blog contain Messages and Questions submitted by users over whom theHRDIRECTOR has no control. theHRDIRECTOR cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Messages. Some users may breach these terms and conditions and post Messages or Questions that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Forum and Blog or Questions in making (or refraining from making) any decisions or purchases.
- theHRDIRECTOR journalists (who will be clearly identified as such) will also contribute material to the Forums and Blog in order to stimulate discussions and ensure the smooth running of the Forums and Blog. The Forums and Blog may also contain messages from special guests selected by theHRDIRECTOR. The opinions of those theHRDIRECTOR journalists and special guests are their own and are not necessarily endorsed by theHRDIRECTOR. They should not be considered by you as professional advisers.
- Any opinions provided by our Editorial Panellists are their own and are not necessarily endorsed by theHRDIRECTOR. You should not rely on information or opinions expressed by Editorial Panellists when making (or refraining from making) purchases or decisions.
- By submitting Messages to the Forum, Blog or Questions to the Blog you are granting theHRDIRECTOR a worldwide perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the Message or Questions in whole or in part and in any form. This may include personal information such as your user name and alias and your expressions of opinion. theHRDIRECTOR reserves the right to contact you by e-mail with regard to your use of the Forum and Blog.
- It is not possible for theHRDIRECTOR to fully and effectively monitor when Messages and Questions may infringe the copyright of a third party or other third party rights. If you believe that a Message infringes any legal rights that you may have, you should notify theHRDIRECTOR immediately with specific details by contacting [email protected]HRDIRECTOR.com.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your Messages. By submitting messages to any Forum or Blog you agree to indemnify theHRDIRECTOR from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) arising out of any Messages posted or published by you that are in breach of this Section 4.
- We recognise that your privacy is important to you. The information you submit will be kept confidential and secure once it reaches our server. The information will be processed (by means of a computer database or otherwise) by theHRDIRECTOR or on its behalf under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Any personal information provided by you to theHRDIRECTOR through your registration with and use of these Websites and App will only be used for the following purposes by theHRDIRECTOR: (i) updating and enhancing membership records and those of other related theHRDIRECTOR activities; (ii) defining areas of interest to you and improving the Websites and App to meet users’ habits and requirements and compiling information relating to users’ movements across the Websites and App; (iii) handling orders, delivering products and services, processing payments, communicating with you about orders, products and services and generally maintaining your account; (iv) advising you of other products and services which may be of interest.
- theHRDIRECTOR will not make this information available to outside organisations except for purposes (i), (ii) and (iii) above, or in connection with the assignment or transfer of all or any of its rights and obligations to any of its group companies or to any other third party.
- By proceeding to subscribe to theHRDIRECTOR or otherwise submitting your personal data via the Websites and App, you are consenting to the processing of your personal data for the purposes and by the means set out in paragraph 4.2 of these terms and conditions.
- theHRDIRECTOR will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted through the Websites and App. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can change your personal data by sending an e-mail to [email protected]HRDIRECTOR.com
- We do not store customer credit card details
- Delivery Policy
- Purchased items will be despatched within 24hrs of full payment being received (Monday to Friday)
- Items will be despatched via Royal Mail First Class Post or direct Courier for larger/heavier items
- Refund/Cancellation Policy
- Due to the nature of our products sold, we do not offer refunds
- We will accept cancellation of an order if we receive this before the item(s) has been despatched
- We will amend the Subscribers details including name, address, email if within the same organisation
- The material and information contained on the Websites and App is for general information only and does not constitute any form of offer for sale, advice or recommendation by theHRDIRECTOR. You should not rely on the material or information on the Websites and App as a basis for making any business, legal or other decisions. You should seek appropriate independent advice before making any such decisions.
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on the Websites and App is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We do not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by third parties for posting on the Websites and App and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on the Websites and App. We do not guarantee that the Websites and App will be fault free and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted on to the Websites and App, any liability we may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the Websites and App, or from any use of the Websites or App or reliance on the data transmitted using the Websites or App, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall we be liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of the Websites and App, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- We do not give any warranty that the Websites and App is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
- You may access other websites and Apps via hypertext links from the Websites and Apps. You use such links and other websites and Apps entirely at your own risk. Such websites and Apps are provided by independent third parties and theHRDIRECTOR accepts no responsibility for the availability, content or use of such websites and Apps or information contained on them.
- You agree to indemnify and to keep theHRDIRECTOR indemnified from and against any costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities suffered or incurred by theHRDIRECTOR arising from or which is directly or indirectly related to your access to and/or use of the Websites or Apps and/or any other person or entity’s use of the Websites or Apps where such person or entity was able to access the Websites and App using your password.
- theHRDIRECTOR reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time. Such changes will either be notified to you by e-mail or posted on the Websites and App. Changes in this manner shall be deemed to have been accepted if you continue to use the Websites and App after a period of 3 (three) days from the date of transmission of the e-mail or of posting on the Websites and App, whichever occurs later.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
- Governing law
- These terms are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
theHRDIRECTOR is published by Pure Strategic Media Ltd
Brook Farm, Heathend, Cromhall, Gloucestershire GL12 8AT, United Kingdom
Registered in England & Wales No. 7878098
VAT Number: 126 0385 35