Part Time (0.5 FTE), Permanent
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the post of Careers Adviser. You will work remotely whilst the current COVID-19 situation necessitates working from home, but your primary location will be Llys Glas in Swansea.
You will provide professional career education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) to students and graduates of UWTSD. You will deliver group presentations, workshops and seminars and provide advice and guidance to individual students. You will organise relevant careers and employability events, and will be expected to work in close collaboration with the wider Student Services team.
- Provide high quality careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) to students and graduates
- Develop students’ employment-related skills (critical thinking, assertiveness, communication, leadership) in conjunction with the Careers team and with academic departments
- Assist students in the preparation of application forms, CV’s, applications for postgraduate study and in the development of interview skills
- Devise and deliver professional careers workshops and presentations
- Maintain and develop a range of careers information resources covering employability-related topics
- Liaise and engage with national professional organisations in relation to careers education, information, advice and guidance and participate in training where required
- Research local, regional and national labour market information to inform students and graduates
- Liaise with staff, students and other stakeholders in relation to operational procedures within the department
- Work in close collaboration with the wider Student Services team
- Be perceptive to the various levels of student need and provide support to students and graduates from a wide range of backgrounds and abilities
- Recognise that the work environment may involve working at other locations and might require duties outside of normal working hours
- Ensure that knowledge and understanding is kept up to date in respect of sector requirements
- Be aware of the key features of relevant quality standards e.g. QAA UK Quality Code
- Salary: £26,715 – £30,046 pro rata per annum
- 28 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days, pro rata)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to be educated to HND or degree level, and hold Part 2 of the Diploma / Qualification in Career Guidance OR NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance OR AGCAS Postgraduate Diploma in CEIG HE. You should also have:
- Previous experience of providing high quality career information, education, advice and guidance in a one to one setting
- Previous experience of devising and delivery of group sessions to students and graduates
- Previous experience of working successfully with a range of external clients e.g. employers and professional bodies
- Effective organisation skills with experience of arranging events
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Excellent IT and digital literacy skills
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description on our website.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (from our website) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 4th December 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.