What would my list of important characteristics of HR leaders look like?
The top of my list, not necessarily in order of importance:
- A good HR professional, with a broad view on the profession.
- Is independent.
- Has a very good relation with CEO and other members of the top team.
- Has a clear vision, and is able to articulate the vision.
- Business orientation, and more, loves the business she/ he works in.
- Is creative and innovative.
- Is able to design and implement high impact HR interventions.
- Is a change agent and loves change.
- Has a great ability to influence others, including the CEO.
- Has a strong network she/he can utilize.
- Has a global orientation and international experience.
- Is a people person.
- Can attract and challenge talent.
- Can deal with ambiguity.
Personally I would also like a person with a good sense of humor, who does not take the HR profession too seriously.