HR People Partner (HR Business Partner)
At King’s People Partners are responsible for aligning our vision and our people. You will act as a trusted partner to your client group, providing strategic and tactical people consulting advice, support and guidance on a full range of people issues.
As a People Partner you will work across your client group to provide HR support to multiple stakeholders, balancing competing demands and priorities, and drawing on support from the Senior People Partner as required. You will support your client group in implementing central HR initiatives and bring business challenges and priorities back in to the HR function, working with the Senior People Partner and the wider People Partner team, as well as the wider function to support the development of integrated solutions aligned to the wider University vision and strategy.
We have one vacancy in the team for an experienced HR Business Partner to be able to pick up the role at pace, supporting our Professional Services directorates including senior stakeholders. Due to the current pandemic this role will involve initially working remotely, followed by regular working on site at our London campus.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across your client group, establishing yourself as a trusted partner in all people and business issues.
- Provide support, strategic direction, and coaching to mangers relating to employee relations, performance management, attendance management, reward/renumeration, training and development, drawing on expertise from specialist people solutions teams and support from the Senior People Partner as needed.
- Partner with senior managers and directors across your client group to offer HR expertise on how to develop and implement the right people and organisational solutions to support the delivery of business plans and strategy.
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching to managers, on managing their teams including informal case management and generalist HR issues
- Ensure thorough understanding of the financial position of your client group and the wider university, working with senior stakeholders and finance to ensure advice is commercially viable.
- Work collaboratively across the people partner team to identify common challenges and priorities, supporting the development of appropriate cross cutting people initiatives where appropriate.
- Support on organisational change, working in consultation with key stakeholders to advise and support change in line with business objectives and strategy.
- Work in partnership with the OD team to build management capability across the University, identifying appropriate interventions and working proactively to coach and support senior managers.
- Work with senior managers/directors to understand resource requirements and develop proactive resourcing plans.
- Promote fairness and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation in all we do, ensuring business decisions and actions reflect this.
- Utilise data/insights where possible to provide the client groups with key insights into people issues and drive appropriate action.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.