HR Business Partner
You want to develop your talents
We’re interested in your potential
As an HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for the delivery of the people plan within a blend of customer facing and non-customer facing portfolios for the Retail Distribution Network at Santander UK across London, the South East and the East. Through establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with the Business Areas, highlight current and future people related opportunities, identify challenges and risks, and agree localised activity and ways of working.
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn’t happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond – every day.
Human Resources is responsible for delivering all people strategy and support, including our dedicated learning and development functions. It’s all about helping our people reach their full potential both personally and professionally – while ensuring we’re retaining our talent.
As an HR Business Partner covering the retail branch network, your main responsibilities will be:
- Collaborating with Senior HR Business Partners and Areas of Expertise (AOE) to deliver people initiatives aligned to the strategic people plan.
- Engaging respective Business areas with people activity aligned to the Santander UK HR strategy ensuring stakeholders understand the activity and are clear on their own and their team’s accountabilities for delivering and embedding it.
- Developing strong working relationships with HR AOE colleagues, reinforced with a clear governance framework ensuring all activity is aligned to business priorities to contribute towards the Business strategic objectives and takes into consideration the business context.
- Leading on projects on behalf of HR for Santander UK as appropriate (in collaboration with AOE colleagues), taking into consideration business priorities and context and ensuring all stakeholders in HR, AOEs and the Business are engaged as appropriate.
- Collating and interpreting Management Information and external insight to share with Stakeholders to raise awareness to current and anticipated opportunities, challenges and risks and to inform current and future people related decisions and activity.
- Working closely with the Change team, support key change initiatives impacting the respective business area/s and ensure key Business stakeholders are engaged and informed.
Minimum skills and experience required:
- Proven HR Business Partnering experience, preferably in Financial Services, Retail or a Corporate environment
- Proven delivery in a change environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in influencing the strategic Business & HR agenda
- Degree / CIPD or equivalent level qualification along with Relevant professional qualifications e.g. Post Graduate Diploma, MA, MBA, MSC
- Membership or affiliation to HR related professional bodies or groups
For your commitment and success, Santander offers one of the most competitive basic salaries with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your pay and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you. Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days Holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
- £6,000 Car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private Medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private Medical insurance for your family, Dental, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as childcare vouchers, voluntary life assurance and critical illness, share schemes and charitable giving.
- Get an all-inclusive (just add fuel) brand new car through our salary sacrifice car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be rewarded for demonstrating great behaviours
London with regular travel to other sites Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station.
It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR.