Deputy Director of Human Resources
- LOCATION: Isle of Wight
- SALARY: £73,936 – £86,687 per annum
- Type : Permanent
The Isle of Wight is located just 4 miles from the South Coast, with frequent cross Solent crossings from a choice of ports of Lymington, Southampton, Portsmouth and Southsea with journey times taking from as little as 10 minutes. London can be reached in 90 minutes by rail from Southampton or Portsmouth. There is a regional airport at Southampton, with flights to many European destinations as well as UK mainland cities.
Further details about our Trust, working and living on the Island is provided in the navigation panels ‘additional documentation’ and ‘further links’ sections.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Deputy Director of Human Resources
Band 8d Permanent Full Time Position
We are looking for an exceptional HR professional to join us on our ‘Getting to Good’ journey and lead the transformation of HR services within the Trust.
The Deputy Director of HR is a senior professional HR leadership role, accountable to the Director of HR & OD, and is responsible for providing senior leadership and direction to the HR Department.
This is an HR transformation leadership role and the post holder will be a key contributor in the development and delivery of HR strategies to support the Trust’s achievement of organisational objectives. In partnership with other leaders, there will be a focus on supporting the development of best employment practices, organisation’s cultural development and recruitment & retention.
The post holder will provide professional leadership and be accountable for the transformation and continuous improvement of the HR function delivering in partnership with the business at strategic, operational and transactional levels ensuring that the service is fit for purpose, promoting best employment practice, affordable and adding value.
The HR Department includes:
- Employee Relations
- Recruitment; substantive, bank and agency
- Workforce Information, Systems & Planning
- Occupational Health & Wellbeing
- Equality & Diversity
Interviews are scheduled for 3rd September 2019
To arrange an informal discussion or should you require any further information please contact Lindsay Hart, PA to Executive Director of HR & OD, on 01983 822099 ext 4204 or email [email protected]
- There may be some occasions where we have to close a vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Please ensure you check your email address provided is correct on your application form and ensure you check your spam/junk inbox for any automated NHS Jobs emails that contain important information about your application.
- Employment at Isle of Wight NHS Trust is offered subject to a successful Probationary Period.
- In submitting an application form, you authorise Isle of Wight NHS Trust to:
- Confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post.
- Transfer data provided to the NHS Electronic Staff Record (ESR) and other secure, internal NHS Workforce systems in order to support and manage your recruitment and employment with Isle of Wight NHS Trust.
- Use recruitment information provided for the purpose of checking your Professional Registration online (where applicable) or essential qualifications as required
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) By submitting your application, you accept IOW NHS Trust will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Equality Statement We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all our employees as well as maintaining a workforce that reflects our local communities we serve.
In accordance with the Equality Act, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation. Reasonable adjustments to the interview process can be made as required.
Step into Health We have pledged our support to service leavers and the wider Armed Forces community. Please email [email protected] using the subject title ‘Step into Health’