The Royal College of Art, the world’s number one institution for art and design, provides students with unrivalled opportunities to deliver art and design projects that transform the world.
The Administrative Assistant will be a member of an expanding Human Resources Department. Whilst the role will be managed by, and work directly to, the Head of HR Operations, emphasis is placed on teamwork and it is expected that the postholder will work flexibly and proactively to assist colleagues according to the demands of fluctuating workloads.
In addition, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide proactive and comprehensive administrative support to the wider Human Resources team, including diary management, arranging meetings, travel and expenses, preparing papers.
- Manage the Director of Human Resources inbox and answer all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, referring queries to other members of the team as appropriate and dealing with any unforeseen problems and circumstances in a calm, efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Raise purchase orders and process invoices for all HR department procurement.
- Monthly filing of personnel information and maintenance of staff records.
- Deal with general queries from staff and members of the public, both written and oral, and managing the centralised HR inbox.
This post would suit someone with PA experience who would like to pursue a career in Human Resources and work in a challenging environment.
The ideal candidate will be educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent or have relevant experience in an HR department. In addition, it is essential that candidates have:
- Proven track record of providing proactive PA support in a busy customer focused environment.
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex diary commitments for senior staff, using electronic calendars.
- Demonstrable experience of using HR/Payroll systems such as iTrent and financial management systems, such as Agresso.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of handling difficult and sensitive situations, recognising confidential issues and dealing with them appropriately and with discretion.
- A strong team-player with a flexible approach to the varying demands of the office as a whole.
Interviews and assessments 3 February 2021.
The Royal College of Art is an equal opportunities employer. The College particularly welcomes applications from all sections of the community and would particularly encourage members of minority groups to apply.