Managing Health, Wellbeing & Sickness Absence in the Workplace
12 May 2015 London
London Thursday, 12th May, 11.00am – 3.30pm
Central London (venue tbc)
Aware of the costs of workplace ill health, the Government recently set up a new Work & Health Unit. It is tasked with developing solutions to improve the links between health services & employment support.
Join DWP’s Head of Fit for Work Policy, Huw Meredith, and a range of expert speakers on 12th May for an up-to-date brief on the latest Government actions and to discuss measures employers can take to improve workplace health & wellbeing and better manage and reduce sickness absence.
• Receive an up-to-date brief on latest Government actions
• Discuss better managing absence & the return to work process
• Examine what more employers can do to improve the health & wellbeing of their employees
Confirmed speakers include:
• Huw Meredith, Head of Fit for Work Policy, DWP
• Andrew Spells, Head of Wellbeing, British Council
• Nattasha Freeman, Head of H&S – West Region, Faithful+Gould
• Roger King, Director, Safer & Stronger solutions
• Dr Carol Coole, Research Occupational Therapist & Senior Research Fellow, Univ. of Nottingham