Leadership Series: Self-awareness and Emotional Intelligence
27 February 2018 Central London
Emotional Intelligence can serve managers and leaders in many ways. With well-tuned Emotional Intelligence, professionals can effectively recognise, use, understand and manage emotions to achieve a positive desired result. Self awareness is a heightened ability to see yourself as others see you.
In a business context, this translates into relieving stress, overcoming obstacles and diffusing conflict. It can help you give and receive feedback when emotions are running high, operate under pressure effectively and distinguish stakeholders’ spoken and unspoken needs in projects.
This self-awareness and emotional intelligence course is ideal for anyone wanting to understand themselves better, manage their emotions and reactions, and gain the ability to change their emotional responses to any situation that arises.
This highly interactive course will encourage delegates to discuss current workplace challenges and will provide practical strategies for dealing with them. It provides a theoretical background and brings the content to life with activities, discussion and role plays.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Feeling and assessing emotions
- Recognising your emotional triggers
- Understanding your motivations and drivers
- Assessing your values and how you live them
- Understanding your reactions under stress and conflict
- Recognising you at your very best
- Understanding the impact that your style has on our colleagues, partners and clients
- Learning what holds you back
- Choosing your attitude and reactions
- Understanding the different behavioural styles of individuals and common personality ‘types’
- Learning about others’ motivators, triggers and reactions
- Understanding and being more adaptable to different perspectives
- Recognising diversity and differences
- Having more effective conversations
- Understand what EI means for business and recognise key EI skills
- Learn your own triggers and motivators, and understand how your emotions change under stress
- Develop a better rapport with individuals
- Manage and work with people more effectively by respecting and understanding their emotions
- Adapt to how others think and react
Who should attend:
This course is recommended for all levels of leadership within an organisation; from team leaders to senior management, including supervisors and managers – frontline, middle, and senior. It is helpful for those who want to improve how they deal with colleagues, customers, and suppliers and people whose roles require them to handle emotionally charged situations.
Early Bird Ticket – £295 + VAT
Regular – £349 + VAT
Includes training material and refreshments. Discounts available for multiple bookings